Thursday, June 28, 2007

whisper

you whisper in my ear
i strain to hear what you say
i can almost decipher your coded message
i'm so tired of trying
the ease of listening to the noise of the world
entices me
i succumb once again to the meaningless
i close my ears and harden my heart
i am bored with life
i know where true life is found
yet i resist
i know that in the darkness
i will call upon your light
and you will be there
you are always there, waiting
a fool waiting for the one who scorns him
yet you are no fool
you will not be ignored forever
i claim too much power
my pride is too strong
who am i to think that i am in control of you
i can barely control myself
why do i resist you
why do i fight every move you make to save me
your whisper is becoming more faint
the noise is growing so strong...


4 comments:

Sue said...

Lauren,

Your writing catches me off guard because it makes me face my noise that keeps me from God. It is scary to think you are correct that his "whisper is becoming more faint." Where is my control in stopping the noise?

Sue

Mary Kay said...

Lauren,
I love your blog. There is so much heart and soul in everything you write. "Whisper" has so much meaning for me because it wasn't too long ago that I found myself in the same situation, trying to hear God's whisper. I remember asking him, "why can't I hear you?".... It's not that I haven't heard him speak to me before, but it was the "whisper" that I couldn't hear. It's not that I wasn't trying...perhaps I was trying too hard. Then one day, in a moment that He knew was perfect timing, I heard it. Clear as a bell, but ever so gentle...I heard him softly say, "you don't have to be afraid". It was the whisper that changed my life...and it didn't happen one second before He knew I was ready to receive it. God's timing is perfect.

deAnn Alyse said...

Lauren,
You have the ability to write right from the heart. It's disturbing but glorious b/c it reveals in my heart the darkness that lurks there. But the glory comes in as I realize how God is always there, always loving, always desiring me to desire him as much as he desires me. ~deAnn

Carol said...

Hey Lauren,
What a beautiful heartfelt piece.
I totally relate to what you're saying.
Love,
Carol