Friday, June 8, 2007

Isaiah 52:1-2

This is what I got from Isaiah 52:1-2 one night...it's not gramatically correct, sorry about that...first draft material (i rarely edit) : )

Awake, Awake Zion, clothe yourself with strength...
You have a strength within, capable of moving mountains, look for it, own it, you are stronger than you know.

Put on your garments of splendor, Jerusalem the holy city...
Do not hide. Do not back down. Let yourself be seen. You Are Beautiful.

The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again...
What you have done, what you have experienced is in your past. It is OVER. You are NOT defined by the actions taken against your beauty.

Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, Jerusalem...
Now is the time, now is your time. Pick yourself UP from the ashes. Your FATHER is calling your name. He sees you lying in the dirt and he is CALLING you. RISE UP, daughter. You will NOT lay in the dirt again. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. I will not defile you. I will not betray you. I SEE YOU and I love you.

Free yourself from the chains on your neck, Daughter Zion, now captive...
FREE YOURSELF. You have spent TOO long, living with these heavy, rusty, filthy chains on your neck. They do not belong to you. Give them to me. I will bear your burden. You are now FREE.

2 comments:

deAnn Alyse said...

Thank you,Lauren for your regular posts. I love checking in to see what God's laid on your heart that day. Beautiful rendition of Isaiah's words. grace & peace, deAnn :0)

Carol said...

Lauren,
Wow (yet again!)
grammar, schmammar, this is just fabulous stuff. I read it briefly last night but wanted to come back to it when I had a little more time. I sense you are in a very healing stage with God right now and it is beautiful to see each step that you are taking with Him. You know, I could just totally see your blog posts as a published book of poetry and devotionals. You are so gifted. Please keep writing!
Love,
Carol