Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Flour

I am typically more comfortable with written communication than verbal (hence being involved in Reflective Souls), so I am sharing my flour experience here instead of last night. The outcome is not unusual for me, as simple things tend to ridiculously lead me to more serious topics...I was actually a bit relieved when the time was up because I didn't want to think about it anymore!! but anyway, here it is ...



in my fingernails

flour (yes, I knew right away) : )

baking

sandy

beach

disapears with touch

rubs away

less and less

till nothing left

once so beautiful

once so fun

so innocent

touching touching touching

robbed

stolen

(given)

nothing left

missing that first touch

remembering how it felt

never again

never the same

memories

not wanting to remember

not able to forget...





So now as I analyze what I wrote, I think that my mind went to that place because of where I am in life right now...and sometimes it still pains me to think about where I was before...I could go on, but I'm feeling too vulnerable right now so I'm just going to sheepishly back away ...



Thanks for a great group last night...I really enjoyed spending time with each of you!

: )





3 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, Lauren!
You are so amazing. I love your style. Thank you so much for being willing to be vulnerable. I get chills everytime I read your blog, it always goes right to the core.
Carol

Carol said...

You know Lauren, I just had to come back to your post again. It is just deeply, deeply moving. I know all to well what it's like to have those memories. Memories that you don't want to remember but are not able to forget....Thank you again for your willingness to be vulnerable and put yourself out there and just know that God loves you so much. What an amazing and gifted writer you are!
Love,
Carol

deAnn Alyse said...

Lauren, thank you.
Thank you for inviting us into your memories, to where you are right now. Your authenticity pulls us in and touches our soul in the deepest ways. Your words - "about the flour" - are rich with meaning well beyond the typed letters on a screen. It takes me to a similar place, a place I've not been in years. That is power. Thank you for sharing your heart...

love,
deAnn