Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I cannot express what I am feeling
The words
are too hard to say
To write
To think
They should not be arranged in such a way
That it expresses the way I truly feel.

You are everywhere
Where I need you, where I want you, where I can’t see you, where I am…
I want to hide from You, Your perfection, Your holiness.
I want to shield Your eyes from the truth…
You should not see what I do
You should not hear what I say
You should not feel what I feel.
I will keep You from me.
I will protect You.

I cannot express what I am feeling
It should not be conveyed
This thought exists in a place so dark
Even Your light cannot penetrate
Who am I to ask You to meet me where I am?
The Lord of Light, coming to meet me in the depths of despair?
I would never be so brazen and bold.
I would never impose such a request upon You.
Not You.

You are far too holy for me.
You are far too perfect for me.
You are far too good for me.
You are far too loving for me.
You are far too caring for me.


You are here for me.

You are caring.
You are loving.
You are good.
You are perfect.
You are holy.

I cannot express what I am feeling. There are no words.

3 comments:

deAnn Alyse said...

Lauren, I could copy and paste the comment I just left for Jane and her latest post. Seems that there are a few of us in the shadows, feeling it's darkness and opression. We need to see the LIGHT and be penetrated by It. Praying...
loveya,
deAnn

Carol said...

Hey Lauren,
Oh my goodness, I can totally relate to your message. I have been there many times...Thank you for sharing it and I am praying that you are out of those shadows now. Love, Carol

Jane said...

Lauren,
Have you ever read something and so totally related to it, but had no idea what to say about it?....if yes, then you know how your post touched me. Although I think we are in the same place...I dont know that your post was a reflection of how you were feeling that day...or if it was a writing from a different time. No matter really...Im praying that we see that which never, ever goes away from us...but seems to get lost...just the same. Jesus's light shines for all to see..Im praying for our eyes to see!
With Love and Prayers