Thursday, May 10, 2007

The First is the Hardest

The first time you do anything is usually the hardest, and creating a place where my personal thoughts can be displayed and read by people outside of my head is no exception. However, when you feel God poking, it's best not to ignore Him. How many times do I have to learn that the hard way??

Honestly, I want to think of some butt-kickin', unique, standing ovation kind of way to start this little project, but I'm at work (I'm on my lunch break, honest) and thus, surrounded by yellow legal pads, piles of paperwork begging me to throw them far into the depths of my trashcan, and attorneys who all have "stop what you are doing" deadlines. It's hardly the ideal environment for inspiring creativity. Fortunately, amongst the daily demands, I hear a faint whisper, all day, beckoning me to look to Him, look past what I can see with my eyes, and see the One who makes everything have meaning.

That's it for now...I am excited to meet everyone in June. Thank you for the invitation, DeAnn.

3 comments:

deAnn Alyse said...

Lauren! I'm soooo excited about you on this creative journey with me, with us - all together! Monday night was awesome, I'm sure June 4th will be awesome to and that you can join us! I'll link your blog to RS blog also! I'm so thrilled God is bringing wonderful women with creativity just waiting to be expanded with in them for His glory! Woo-Hoo! Awesome blog too, btw. :0) grace & peace ~deAnn

Carolyn said...

Good Morning, Lauren!
Thank you for sharing this blog with all of us! I can relate to much of what you have said here. Hey - isn't it wonderful that God says 'stop what you are doing', but NOT as an in-your-face kind of pressured deadline, but rather as a loving invitation to be with Him?

I look forward to continuing to read your blogs and to our gathering in June. Love, Carolyn

jenna said...

hi lauren! i've been scratching my brain trying to figure out which gal you were on monday. i'm glad i saw deanne's comment and realize that i'm not completely losing it! looking forward to meeting you, especially after reading your second entry. if there is one thing i could do on earth it is help others listen to the voice of god and act on it. i'm pretty good at this in the quiet times of meditation, but am a babe at opening my heart-ears during the choas of everyday life. your blog was encouraging.

jenna