Thursday, May 10, 2007

Conversation with Jesus

This came out of my silence and solitude time tonight ...

I climb the stairs and leave the world behind. When I reach the top, there are two chairs, very comfortable lounge chairs. I am standing on a glass box. Everyone, everything, the entire world is in the box below. I can see them but cannot hear them. There is such a peaceful silence; it is so inviting. I walk over to my chair, which is positioned so that it is facing the other chair. Jesus is sitting, waiting for me, and I give him a hug, as friends do when they greet each other. He smiles, a warm, knowing smile. I can see the world below me and I sigh as I settle into my chair. "Oh Jesus, I'm tired. I'm so tired." I tell him about my day and he listens, offering a nod of his head or soft chuckle. After I have dumped all of my complaints and stresses from the day on him, I am quiet. And then he speaks wisdom to my heart. He fills my soul with peace and encouragement and fills me with strength to enter the world again. Before I go, I look up and I am amazed, once again, as I see the expanse of the sky and I realize how small I really am and I thank God for loving me, in spite of me, and for never leaving my side.

Tonight I debated in my head for a few minutes. Watch "Intervention" or spend time with God? Intervention is such a great show, it was a tough decision! It's hard to put things aside to spend time with God. It's hard to sit and not get anything "accomplished". It's hard to stay awake when you've worked and struggled and worried all day. Until you actually do it. Once you make that decision to make God important, you realize that you accomplished exactly what you should have accomplished, taking time with God really is better than a few more minutes of sleep and don't even get me started on how much BETTER it is to give our worries to God!!

The God of our universe is moving. He is moving all around us and it's up to us to pull ourselves away from the demands and temptations of life, to look for Him in all we do. He is everywhere! We just have to look for Him.

Now I'm going to go watch Intervention. : )

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Silence and solitude - now those are two words I love. Your writing has such a descriptiveness to it, that I could really visualize being there with you. Thank you for sharing this experience. I am going to go over to my quiet space now and spend time alone with my Lord and Savior before the children awaken. Your writing was a reminder to do that, so I apologize to my fellow bloggers for not reading their blogs now!!! p.s. It is 6:50 AM our time, not the 3:50 noted, just in case you would mistaken us for really early risers! Love, Carolyn

Jane said...

Lauren,
Welcome! I love that your site is dark background with really brilliant font! It makes me feel like the writing is the light....Jesus himself! Thank you so much for that and the incredibly beautiful visual that you shared with us from your time of Silence and Solitude. It totally spoke to me! Im looking forward to meeting you at our next gathering.
Peace and Love,
Jane

Carol said...

Hi Lauren,
What a totally beautiful experience. I got chills when I read about sitting down and just telling Jesus about your day. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Carol

deAnn Alyse said...

Lauren,
beautiful imagery of your time with Jesus ontop of the glass box. You can see but not hear. but you hear Jesus' voice as he sits with you in your meeting space with him. Just beautiful. Thank you for making time for him so that you could share your experience with us. You rock! see you soon ~deAnn :0)