Friday, October 12, 2007

Fruit of the Spirit

“But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..."

When I think about
the kind of person I want to be
the words that enter my mind are ...
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control

For so long,
I distanced myself
from you...
denying any similarities
in an attempt
to create my own identity
apart from you or anyone else.

Though when I think of the person that you are,
the words that enter my mind are
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Thank you for being an example of Jesus in my life.
i love you, mom : )

3 comments:

Jane said...

Lauren,
This is beautiful...how sweet the sound!

reflective souls said...

Oh my gosh...you are so dear! I'm not your mom, but it made ME CRY! The relationship you and your mom have is a blessing to witness with my own eyes. ~deAnn

deb said...

I 100% agree!!! How beautiful that you would honor her this way. Thank you, Lauren.

Deb