Tuesday, January 22, 2008

strength...

I can’t take anymore
The anger is building
I’m out of control
I yell and I scream
I throw myself down
I’m on the ground
Face to the floor
I lie alone with my tears
Darkness all around

His hand is on the small of my back
In his touch
I feel strength
Gentleness
Love and
Sadness
He says soft words
Words of understanding
Words of encouragement
As if he has seen into my soul
To the very message I was longing to hear

He is my best friend
The best friend
He is my helpmate
My husband
God comes near
Through his strong hand
Through his embrace
The place
I would rather be
The place
Where I feel safe

He is what I want
What I’ve never wanted
More than I’ve ever wanted
He is what I need.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hey Lauren,
I've been there where you are and what a beautiful realization you've had. Thank you for sharing so much of your soul. You are so genuine and authentic. I love it.
Love,
Carol

deAnn Alyse said...

I'm soooo happy that you are soooo happy and in love. Your poem is beautiful, a picture of deep love, the way love should be...
love,
deAnn