Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lost.

Where do I go from here?
I am walking, timidly, slowly,
Through this black space
I can’t see in front of me
Behind
Near or far
I see a black empty space
Where do I go?
Which direction do I choose
When they all seem to lead to nowhere
Or even worse, somewhere
Some unknown somewhere
I cannot know where to go
Unless I know where I am
I thought I knew
I thought I could see
Now I hear and I think and I imagine
But I cannot see
So where do I go from here?
I make a choice and I wait
I wait for the consequence, the result, the outcome
But there is nothing
Black
Dark
Empty
I am lost.
I must have been lost for a long time
But I just realized my position today
I now have a full appreciation
For my situation
I am lost.
The map I was following
Turned out to be a circle
I am where I started
No progress, no gold at the end of the rainbow
Just a circle,
Leading me to where I began.
And so I sit.
I wonder.
I dream.
I wait

To find out where I go from here.

1 comment:

reflective souls said...

You write right from the soul. Nothing stopping you, you just write what's there on the edge of your heart and mind. It's real. I appreciate it. It encourages me to write more real as well. Thanks Lauren!

love,
deAnn